Slow Cooker Rump Roast
This recipe is perfect for any day of the week! The last time I made this recipe, I prepped all of the veggies the night before. The next morning I seared the roast and threw everything in the crockpot before I left for work. When I got home, my house smelled fantastic, dinner was ready to eat, and I had leftovers!
- 3-4 pound beef rump roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots , peeled and cut into 2" chunks
- 3 Yukon potatoes , peeled and cut into 2" chunks
- 1 yellow onion , cut into 1" chunks
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- Season beef with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to a large pot on high heat.
- Sear on all sides until well browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat and move roast to a large slow cooker.
- Add in the carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic.
- Mix the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, and celery salt then pour it over the vegetables.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.