Grilled Mediterranean Chicken with Asparagus & Lemon over Pasta
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken
with Asparagus & Lemon over Pasta
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1.5-2 lbs Boneless Skinless Thin-Sliced Chicken Cutlets (Chicken Tenderloins or Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs work just as well!)
- Mediterranean Grill Sauce, prepared (See recipe above!)
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta - We suggest spaghetti or fusili
- 1-1.5 lbs Fresh Asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2-3 Large Lemons, Juiced (to taste)
- 2 Cups, Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup, Salted Butter
- Salt, to taste
- Lemon wedge/slice, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh Basil or Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese (optional)
- Marinade Chicken with Prepared Mediterranean Grill Sauce, for 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat (on grill tray or over tin-foil. Avoid direct heat, to reduce flare-ups from your grill). Grill Chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set-aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add asparagus and cook for 1 minute (possibly a little longer, depending on the thickness of the stalk) & then "flash" it in a bowl of cold ice water (This stops the cooking process, and keeps the color bright green), set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil, and cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While water is coming to a boil, Slice your chicken and cut your asparagus into 1-inch pieces (cut on an angle, if you're feeling fancy).
- In large Sauce Pan, over medium heat; Add broth, lemon juice, & salt. Bring to a low simmer.
- Once pasta is cooked - Strain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add cooked pasta, reserved water, & lemon broth back into the pot over low heat; Toss in 1/2 cup butter & fresh herbs; stir until melted. Pour pasta in large bowl. Top with sliced chicken and asparagus.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil or parsley, lemon zest, fresh squeeze of lemon or lemon slice, & fresh grated parmesan or precorino.