Autumn Apple Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 lb Chicken Strips for Stir-Fry (A few ounces more is better than less)
- 2 Honey Crisp Apples, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apple juice (Can substitute with apple sauce or apple cider)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Medium White Onion, Chopped
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger (Optional, but suggested)
- 1 Cup Rice - Cook according to directions. Serve chicken stir-fry over steamed rice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, apple juice, cornstarch, lemon juice, soy sauce, and fresh ginger (optional). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry over moderately high heat until no longer pink and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add the onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the apples and cinnamon and stir-fry until the apples are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the chicken stock mixture into the skillet and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked rice.