Asian Inspired Flat Iron Steak Recipe
Recipe is for two, and can be easily doubled or tripled to your needs! This is another great recipe to prepare ahead of time to cook the next day - When I made this recipe, I marinated the steaks overnight and then all I had to do was pop them on the grill the next day, I grilled up some bell peppers, zucchini, and onion alongside the steaks, and made an easy pot of rice to go with it all. Easy, quick, minimal prep and cleaning - sign me up!
- 2 Flat Iron Steaks
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Sherry Wine
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons (heaping) Minced Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons (3-5 cloves) Minced Garlic, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, more or less to taste
- Garnish: 2 Tablespoons Roasted Sesame Seeds and 2 Green Onions, slivered.
- Gather all ingredients together – soy sauce, sherry, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and flat iron steak.
- Whisk the ingredients in a bowl. Place the steaks and marinade in a plastic zip top bag and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours (Can marinade overnight).
- Grill steaks on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare steaks. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and green onion slivers on top to garnish.