Apple-Butter Barbecued Chicken Thighs
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 1 Family Pack Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- ½ Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 12 oz (1.5 Cups) Unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup Apple butter
- 1/4 cup Barbecue sauce
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne; sprinkle over chicken.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place seasoned chicken on grill rack over drip pan.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour, or until internal temp reads 165°F. Once chicken is on the grill, combine apple butter and barbecue sauce; baste chicken occasionally & liberally during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Remove from grill, let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.